TLDR: PPC is rarely a standalone channel. See how we can analyse Google Ads data to identify trends & added value from other marketing channels.
You can use data from your PPC campaigns to identify value from marketing activity that is typically harder to track. Including:
- TV Ads
- Radio Ads
- PR Releases
- Print Advertising
- Other “Burst” Online Marketing activity
- YouTube video/Facebook/Twitter etc
Brand Search Spikes
- For TV advertising, you can compare your brand search volume during the times the TV ad was shown. A detailed ad placement report is required here.
- In your Brand Exact AdWords campaign, pull a “By Hour & Day” report and layer on when your TV ads were scheduled. i.e:
- TV spots 1, 4 and 6 proved most effective using the example above. We can dive deeper into the data, for even more valuable insights:
- Which TV Channels performed best?
- Are there any TV programmes that consistently lead to Brand uplifts?
- Do TV ad runs at certain times of the day lead to larger search uplifts than others?
- By feeding back on the above info, planning your brand’s next TV campaign will be a lot more informed.
Demographic Deep Dive
- Use demographic data within AdWords/Analytics to monitor if there has been a change in the type of users that are searching before/after the other advertising activity. i.e. for radio:
- It has encouraged more male users to the site, as well as a younger demographic. This can be used to highlight creative/placement improvements to better resonate with your brand’s intended audience.
We have previously written about how useful GTM (Google Tag Manager) is and how complex it can get. However, today we are going to get back to basics to learn one of the most [...]
Whether or not to run Brand campaigns on Google Ads seems to be a controversial topic amongst advertisers. Next up in our blog series we'll dive into these in more detail, and discuss how, [...]
Photo by Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels The next 6 weeks are set to be the biggest of the year for retailers with Black Friday, Cyber Monday & Christmas all on the horizon. So here [...]
But Clean Digital, I hear you ask…Google is all well and good, but what role does Facebook/Instagram advertising play in a solid PPC foundation? As an advertising platform, having access to both Facebook & Instagram [...]