TLDR: PPC is rarely a standalone channel. See how we can analyse Google Ads data to identify trends & added value from other marketing channels.
You can use data from your PPC campaigns to identify value from marketing activity that is typically harder to track. Including:
- TV Ads
- Radio Ads
- PR Releases
- Print Advertising
- Other “Burst” Online Marketing activity
- YouTube video/Facebook/Twitter etc
Brand Search Spikes
- For TV advertising, you can compare your brand search volume during the times the TV ad was shown. A detailed ad placement report is required here.
- In your Brand Exact AdWords campaign, pull a “By Hour & Day” report and layer on when your TV ads were scheduled. i.e:
- TV spots 1, 4 and 6 proved most effective using the example above. We can dive deeper into the data, for even more valuable insights:
- Which TV Channels performed best?
- Are there any TV programmes that consistently lead to Brand uplifts?
- Do TV ad runs at certain times of the day lead to larger search uplifts than others?
- By feeding back on the above info, planning your brand’s next TV campaign will be a lot more informed.
Demographic Deep Dive
- Use demographic data within AdWords/Analytics to monitor if there has been a change in the type of users that are searching before/after the other advertising activity. i.e. for radio:
- It has encouraged more male users to the site, as well as a younger demographic. This can be used to highlight creative/placement improvements to better resonate with your brand’s intended audience.
Since its inception Google Shopping has come full circle; initially starting as free listings, before becoming a fully-paid platform under Google Ads. In recent months, starting predominantly in the US, some traditional Google Shopping ad [...]
Now that we’ve brushed up on our location bidding skills, let’s explore the next key element to a successful PPC strategy: Dynamic Search Ads. But...what are Dynamic Search Ads? Dynamic Search Ads (DSAs) can [...]
So we’ve established the importance of search queries as a foundation of a solid PPC strategy. Next up: location bidding, which again seems simple if ‘my customers are in the UK, then I target [...]
Here at Clean Digital, we have put together a blog series on what we believe are the fundamentals of a successful PPC strategy. We'll kick things off by outlining the importance of search terms, [...]
The outbreak of COVID-19 has been challenging for all businesses regardless of size or vertical and will likely have a significant lasting economic impact; the extent of which we won’t know for years to [...]