TLDR: PPC is rarely a standalone channel. See how we can analyse Google Ads data to identify trends & added value from other marketing channels.
You can use data from your PPC campaigns to identify value from marketing activity that is typically harder to track. Including:
- TV Ads
- Radio Ads
- PR Releases
- Print Advertising
- Other “Burst” Online Marketing activity
- YouTube video/Facebook/Twitter etc
Brand Search Spikes
- For TV advertising, you can compare your brand search volume during the times the TV ad was shown. A detailed ad placement report is required here.
- In your Brand Exact AdWords campaign, pull a “By Hour & Day” report and layer on when your TV ads were scheduled. i.e:
- TV spots 1, 4 and 6 proved most effective using the example above. We can dive deeper into the data, for even more valuable insights:
- Which TV Channels performed best?
- Are there any TV programmes that consistently lead to Brand uplifts?
- Do TV ad runs at certain times of the day lead to larger search uplifts than others?
- By feeding back on the above info, planning your brand’s next TV campaign will be a lot more informed.
Demographic Deep Dive
- Use demographic data within AdWords/Analytics to monitor if there has been a change in the type of users that are searching before/after the other advertising activity. i.e. for radio:
- It has encouraged more male users to the site, as well as a younger demographic. This can be used to highlight creative/placement improvements to better resonate with your brand’s intended audience.
It's essential to measure our users’ behaviour: Where do they click? What are they interested in? How do they interact with the content? The most popular choice for advertisers has been Google Analytics, as [...]